SchedulesDelivery of U.S. Postal Service (USPS) incoming mail and intercampus mail:
- USPS and Intercampus mail will be delivered according to a published schedule of odd & even dates.
- Mail exchanges (delivery/pick up) in buildings are made according to a published schedule.
- Exceptions: Large volumes of mail on Monday mornings and days following holidays may not be sorted in time for same day delivery and/or delivery may run behind schedule.
- All outgoing USPS mail received by Mail Services prior to 3:30 p.m. will be processed and dispatch to USPS at 4:30 p.m. that day with the exception of standard-class bulk mail.
- All outgoing mail for vendors other than USPS must be received by Mail Services at least 30 minutes prior to vendor collection. (Call Mail Processing, 2-9970, to get information about schedules.)
- All UPS material must be received by Mail Services by 3 p.m. to go out same day.
UNL Mail Services...
handles more than 25,000 pieces of mail each working day. Mail Services personnel exchange mail at one location per building according to schedule of odd and even dates. If you have delivery/pick up questions, please call Mail Collection & Delivery, 402-472-2533.
We Collect and Deliver...
- On Campus & Off Campus Mail
- Inter-Campus Mail
(in mail room before 8:00 a.m.)
- Courier Mail
- UNO mail
- UNMC mail
- State Office "Interagency Mail"
Call Mail Collection & Delivery, 402-472-2533, for special pick up of large volumes of mail or heavy parcels. Notify Mail Services as soon as possible as we prepare equipment according to need.
Department Moves: Notify us at 402-472-2533 of departmental moves as soon as possible as the move may require route and schedule changes and/or adjustment of building mail exchange boxes.
Building Mail Exchange
Mail is exchanged in each building according to a published schedule. Your building schedule is available by calling 402-472-2533. Please pick up your incoming mail prior to our next delivery or it will be carried back to Mail Services.
Separate and bundle (rubberband) each department 4-digit ZIP code into the following categories of mail to assure prompt handling, processing, and postage discounts:
- All outgoing letter-size mail.
- Outgoing mail flats (larger than letter size).
- Foreign mail or mail requiring special services, e.g., registered, certified, expedited.
- Campus mail (letter size).
- Campus flats (larger than letter size).
When tracking packages on a carrier web site (ex: USPS), the status of "Delivered" does not mean the item is within UNL Mail Services. Delivery scans can be two or three days prior to our facility receiving a particular item. If you have concerns, contact the mailroom. We are happy to track any item using the correct tracking number. We can utilize carrier tracking and also internal tracking.
Order by Requisition
- Postage Stamps
- Business Reply
Supply Requests (No Charge)
- Postage Billing Records
- Rubber Bands
- Mail Trays and Tubs
- Shipping Supplies for USPS, UPS, DHL, and FedEx:
University Services is expanding our recycling efforts. Please return all toner cartridges to Mail Services*.
Contact Karen Ouellette at 402-472-2533 with any questions.
*Small cartridges to Mail Services, large cartridges to University Stores (in original packaging).
Reduce and Reuse
Make an effort when possible to save and reuse shipping and mailing materials like manilla envelopes and packing peanuts.