News, Updates, Changes, and Schedules
SchedulesDelivery of U.S. Postal Service (USPS) incoming mail and intercampus mail:
- USPS and Intercampus mail will be delivered according to a published schedule of odd & even dates.
- Mail exchanges (delivery/pick up) in buildings are made according to a published schedule.
- Exceptions: Large volumes of mail on Monday mornings and days following holidays may not be sorted in time for same day delivery and/or delivery may run behind schedule.
- All outgoing USPS mail received by Mail Services prior to 3:30 p.m. will be processed and dispatch to USPS at 4:30 p.m. that day with the exception of standard-class bulk mail.
- All outgoing mail for vendors other than USPS must be received by Mail Services at least 30 minutes prior to vendor collection. (Call Mail Processing, 2-9970, to get information about schedules.)
- All UPS material must be received by Mail Services by 3 p.m. to go out same day.
Mail Collection and Delivery
UNL Mail Services...handles more than 25,000 pieces of mail each working day. Mail Services personnel exchange mail at one location per building according to schedule of odd and even dates. If you have delivery/pick up questions, please call Mail Collection & Delivery, 402-47402-472-2533.
We Collect and Deliver...
- On Campus & Off Campus Mail
- Inter-Campus Mail
(in mail room before 8:00 a.m.)
- Courier Mail
- UNO mail
- UNMC mail
- State Office "Interagency Mail"
- Airline tickets processed and delivered
Call Mail Collection & Delivery, 402-472-2533, for special pick up of large volumes of mail or heavy parcels. Notify Mail Services as soon as possible as we prepare equipment according to need.
Building Mail Exchange
Mail is exchanged in each building according to a published schedule. Your building schedule is available by calling 402-472-2533. Please pick up your incoming mail prior to our next delivery or it will be carried back to Mail Services.
Separate and bundle (rubberband) each department 4-digit ZIP code into the following categories of mail to assure prompt handling, processing, and postage discounts:
- All outgoing letter-size mail.
- Outgoing mail flats (larger than letter size).
- Foreign mail or mail requiring special services, e.g., registered, certified, expedited.
- Campus mail (letter size).
- Campus flats (larger than letter size).
Department Moves: Notify us at 402-472-2533 of departmental moves as soon as possible as the move may require route and schedule changes and/or adjustment of building mail exchange boxes.
Order by Requisition
- Postage Stamps
- Business Reply
Supply Requests (No Charge)
- Postage Billing Records
- Rubber Bands
- Mail Trays and Tubs
- Shipping Supplies for USPS, UPS, DHL, and FedEx:
University Services is expanding our recycling efforts. Please return all toner cartridges to Mail Services*.
Contact Karen Ouellette at 402-472-2533 with any questions.
*Small cartridges to Mail Services, large cartridges to University Stores (in original packaging).